Re: What's the best way to safely remove kde apps?

On Monday 21 February 2005 14:18, Theo Schmidt wrote:
> Am Montag 21 Februar 2005 18:14 schrieb Matej Cepl:
> > considering kpackage -- yeah, I would love to have some kind of
> > kAptitude,
>
> I am thoroughly happy with Synaptic, even though it doesn't solve the
> meta-package problem either. At least it prominently tells you before
> removing all of KDE just because you want to uninstall kmoon :-)

What does it do that kpackage doesn't?  afaict, kpackage is a superset of
synaptic (and doesn't need gnome support - which is probably a good thing for
readers of this list). I can't find a way to make synaptic show me "provides"
- I was specifically having trouble with trying to install tomcat without
kaffe, and couldn't figure out what kaffe provides that I didn't have from
blackdown.
--
derek