Re: What's the best way to safely remove kde apps?

On Monday 21 February 2005 13:14, Matej Cepl wrote:

> considering kpackage -- yeah, I would love to have some kind of kAptitude,
> but IMHO (and I haven't tested for couple of years) kpackage is just a
> general tool which doesn't make difference (and does not take into
> consideration) between rpm and deb and so effectively degrades apt-get
> system into plain rpm-like.

I've been using kpackage as long as it's existed, and it's never been that.
If the packages it's using are debs, it's _strictly_ a front end for apt-get.
If the packages are rpms, it's a front end for rpm (??  not sure about that -
_not_ alien, in any case).  It also recognizes all sorts of other package
formats.  It doesn't "degrade" apt-get in any way.  I like the way it lets me
scan the dependency chain (which is the only reason I usually use it,
otherwise I just use apt-get).
--
derek