Re: What's the best way to safely remove kde apps?

Derek Broughton wrote:
> I would think so.  I can't see it being a big bonus that I have to go to a
> (quite unintuitive) curses based interface instead of using the
> command-line (apt-get) or GUI (kpackage) interfaces I'm used to, though.

considering apt-get -- life is just too complicated to be managed just from
command line with simple commands (unless you persuade me how to make the
same with a command line tool what I can do with aptitude I will hold my
point).
considering kpackage -- yeah, I would love to have some kind of kAptitude,
but IMHO (and I haven't tested for couple of years) kpackage is just a
general tool which doesn't make difference (and does not take into
consideration) between rpm and deb and so effectively degrades apt-get
system into plain rpm-like.

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

"Goodbye," said the fox. "And now here is my secret, a very
simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see
rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
   -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery