Re: "Open With" no longer guesses appropriate app

El Jueves 27 Enero 2005 19:42, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen escribió:
> Not sure, but this could be an issue related with the problem that program
> associations are not saved when you select an app from the menu, as we have
> previously discussed.

Sorry for not agree again. IMHO, on RMB, the apps appear (gimp, gwenview, etc)
in file management mode with a image. But in html mode, the apps are not
there. Konqueror knows what apps can handle a image but does not show them.

That feature has disappeared.

> Anders
>
> On Thursday 27 January 2005 19:24, Nick Leverton wrote:
> > One of the many reasons I love KDE is because, when I "open with" a link
> > in a web page using the context menu, it looks at the URL extension (if
> > there is one) and offers me the choice of apps to handle that filetype.
> >
> > Or it used to.  KD2.2 did, KDE 3.0 did, KDE 3.1 did.  Very handy to
> > view a file from a website where KDE doesn't have an ioslave for it -
> > just right click, Open With, and select my favourite configured app.
> >
> > But KDE3.2 doesn't and KD3.3 doesn't - in the link context menu they
> > always offer HTML editors whenever the current page is HTML.  This is
> > annoying, does it happen for everyone ?

I think so