Re: KDE cannot logout using Logout menu item

El Miércoles 26 Enero 2005 02:12, Tommy Trussell escribió:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:36:23 +0100, Matías Costa <mcc3@alu.um.es> wrote:
> > To be sure it is not a misconfiguration in your user config, can you test
> > with a new user?
>
> Just now I logged in as the ordinary (non-root) user I always use, and
> used KUser to create a new one called "temp" then when I went to log
> out -- the Logout menu command WORKED. Hmmmm. And the new user can log
> in and out just fine, too. This is mysterious!

KDE is a box of surprise and fun :)

> I had the laptop completely turned off most of the day, and there were
> some package updates yesterday. I forgot to test after the cold boot
> today so I will never know for sure, but it SEEMED like just creating
> ANOTHER user fixed the problem with the first user. If this happens
> again I'll be able to test it for certain. Maybe I will delete the new
> user to see what that does.
>
> My thanks to Matías Costa and to Bas Spitters for the advice!

What should I do now?

1. Make a backup of your config files: ~/.kde/share/config or the full ~/.kde
dir.

2. Log out. Remove a rc config file. Log in. Try. Rinse & repeat.

Suspected files are kdesktoprc, kdedrc, kickerrc... you can be confident
kghostview or ktip have nothing related to this.

If you can trace the wrong file, it may be a good page in wiki.debian.net or
the kde wiki, wherever it is.