Insert image in html edit mode

There are times when it would be nice to be able to create an email message in
html format with images inserted within the message instead of being
attachments.  I have not been able to find a way of doing this so far with
Kmail.  Is there a standard external editor or something like that that
people are using to accomplish this, or is this just not possible?

My system:
Debian Unstable
Kmail 1.7.2 (Using KDE 3.3.2)

Thanks!

--
     "My little children, let us not love in word, neither
      in tongue; but in deed and in truth."