Re: where to get kde3 deb's for woody?!?

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 03:31:19 +0000, I wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:49:05 -0500, Jason Mansfield wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know where I can get these from? I searched google and found
>>many references to them from like 2002 and none of the links to the deb's
>>work anymore.
>
>(Assuming you want packages for i386 hardware ...) *unofficial* Debian
>Woody packages for KDE 3.2.2 are at
>ftp://download.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2.2/Debian/

In the cold clear light of a winter's day, I realise I should also
point out there have been a number of security bulletins issued by
kde.org for problems which affect the above KDE release (and other
releases of course).  You should review the bulletins listed at
  http://www.kde.org/info/security/

It looks like the first one affecting 3.2.2 is the one dated
2004-05-17.

The fix is sometimes as simple as disabling or uninstalling an
infrequently needed facility, but for other problems you may need to
obtain the relevant package source, apply the source patch from
kde.org, and recompile your own binary to regain proper security.

Because the 3.2.2 packages at download.kde.org are unofficial, you
can't rely on them being kept current with security fixes - it always
depends on how much spare time the volunteer who made them has.

Cheers
Nick Boyce
Bristol,UK
Q. Why is top posting bad?