Re: Trouble with keyboard definition ...

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 23:51, Hervé Piedvache wrote:
> I have bought a laptop from Toshiba Model SM30-801 with a QWERTY
> keyboard ... (I'm french, used to AZERTY), but no matter I want to use
> it in QWERTY ...
>
> I have a problem ... I have defined in KDE to use the "US" keyboard (I
> have tried several US/English definitions)... and choosed Toshiba
> keyboard (I'm using KDE v3.2) ... it's running quite good except the
> fact that I have some keys like @, # or ' wich are close to the Enter
> key on my keyboard (physicaly), but to get the @ I need to use Shift+2
> ... so not the normal physical keyboard definition ... :o(

Well, Shift-2 _is_ the normal position for @ on an US keyboard.
So although your keyboard may be QWERTY, it is _not_ US...

You'll have to try some of the other existing QWERTY layouts.
The files in /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/ may give you some ideas.

Cheers,
FJP