Re: KDE/Konqeror - mounting NFS export hangs Konquerer and K-MenuI

On Monday 10 January 2005 20:19, C. Hurschler wrote:
> the server gets its ip from the router, out of lazyness on my part.  The
> router seems to have the hostnames of attached devices, but strangely only
> for athlon, and not my client.  I haven't looked into how it's doing that
> yet.

If you still run Samba on the server:
It could be that the router implements one of those NetBIOS services to
resolve the hostnames of the hosts it delivers IP's to, and your possible
running nmbd (isn't it nmbd?) along with smbd allows the router to resolve
the server's hostname and not the client's,
Seen that before, myself.

Just a comment. Regards, Anders Breindahl.