unable to mount smb shares using konqueror

Hi Again,

I'm so sorry for screwing up the subject line and pasting the contents
of the message there.

It happened by mistake.

Sorry.

I'm able to browse and access workgroups and shares on network using
smb:/ but when I try to use the smbmount function to mount the share,
it says unable to...

I've done chmod +s /usr/bin/smbmount and smbumount .. still no joy.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? If I run smbmount //server/share
~/mnt/server/share ... it works fine as a normal user....

Would prefer to the the Konqueror GUI to do the same though... :-)

Regards

Rishi