Re: Konqueror freezing

On Friday 07 January 2005 17:28, Frederik Dannemare wrote:
> Haven't been able to locate anything useful. Also not on
> bugs.kde.org. If it was happening more often (regularly), I'd think
> it might be related to name resolution in some manner. But since I
> see it so seldomly, I don't think this is the case (at least not
> for me).

My router has problem with IPv6 name resolution which is default in
debian kde. I turned this off with KDE_NO_IPV6=true
in /etc/environment. This caused a delay in loading pages to
dissapear, but not the freeze in entry widgets. I also see the freeze
in konqueror when typing a URL in the URL entry field. Shortly after
the listbox show up with cached URLs that fit the first letters
typed. This behaviour was observed the first time I typed into the
URL entry and then first time when typing in forms.
--
Svenn