Re: Artsd broken in Sid

On Thursday 06 January 2005 20:58, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Bob Hauck [Thu, 06 Jan 2005 20:23:37 -0500]:

> > I did an upgrade of my Sid installation tonight and now my KDE
> > system notifications no longer work.
>
>   what does "artsplay /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Event_1.ogg" do/say?

Nothing.  No sound, no message.

> > If I run artsd in a terminal so I can see the messages, I get
> > "can't open file" when attempting to play an ogg.

Should have said I used artsplay for this.  Artsplay really just tells
artsd to play the file, it doesn't decode it directly like xmms does.

>   which ogg? sure it exists?

The copy of KDE_Startup_1.ogg I put in my home directory.  Xmms plays it
fine.  I figured the problem out eventually, see my other post to the
list tonight.  Thanks for your resposne though.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| To Whom You Are Speaking