Re: java plug-in (sablevm)

On Thursday 06 January 2005 17:09, you wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 6. Januar 2005 21:11 schrieb Derek Broughton:
> >
> > "What is Kaffe not?
> > Kaffe is constantly under development, and lacks compatibility in
> > many ways with the current releases of Java. It lacks many key
> > features of a full Java virtual machine implementation - including
> > security related features such as a complete bytecode verifier
> > essential for running untrusted code.
> > Once you get those beat, or even just the first, I'll be willing to
> > try it again.
>
> This information is really old and not up-to-date. And you overrate
> the meaning of it.

Then _how_ do you expect to get people to use it and submit bug reports?  You
can hardly expect me and others to think it's safe to try if you don't tell
us the real current state of the software.

Update the website, give people hope, and maybe we'll try it.

More apropos than that page is the one that actually lists the differences
between kaffe and various versions of the JDK.  With anywhere between 7 and
32 missing packages (depending on JDK version and whether or not you use
jacOrb) and between 245 & 300+ missing classes, it isn't something you'd want
to risk critical applications with.  otoh, those might be really out of date
too.
--
derek