Re: java plug-in

On Wed 5 January 2005 04:54, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 5. Januar 2005 07:48 schrieb jianan:
> > I would like to be completely free, software-wise, but do I have a
> > choice in this case, if a vendor site uses Java applets to fill
> > forms?
>
> Since konqueror does not rely on a mozilla-plugin, it should be able
> to use any java interpreter. Kaffe is a free one but may have its
> limitation (I never tried it):

I don't know how this thread got so convoluted but the simple fact of
the matter is that kaffe (most recent from unstable) does not work when
used to display java applets in Konqueror.  I wish it would, but it
doesn't, so the rest of this thread seems to be pretty pointless having
lost sight of the original question.

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario