Re: Re: DPMS doesn't work with KDE

I have the same problem with KDE 3.2.  I can force the display off with 'xset
dpms force off', but the display doesn't standby/suspend/off after the
configured times.  Here's the relevant dpms output from 'xset q':

DPMS (Energy Star):
  Standby: 180    Suspend: 420    Off: 780
  DPMS is Enabled
  Monitor is On

I have the dpms timeouts set in my X-config file and have also set them via
KDE's Display Power Control utility.  DPMS works just fine when at the XDM
screen; however, if I login (into KDE), it no longer works.  I haven't tried
any other window manager, but I suspect that dpms would work just fine there
as Nicolas reported.

R.G.