Re: fglrx...

El Sábado, 30 de Octubre de 2004 09:51, Mateusz Linda escribió:
> hi!
>

> Does anyone have a clue?

We are going OT, but... may be others in the list are interested (KDE runs on
X, so...)

You have to select:

1 - Debian radeon drivers
 Stable system, all works fine / medium 3D speed
2 - fglrx radeon drivers + fglrx libGL
 you loose:
  -v4l (no bttv, xawtv crash)
  -New sessions (2nd X crash system)
  -Switching X->console->X f*** the screen (at least no crash, changing
desktop solves the issue )
 you win:
  -full? 3D speed
  -faster X startup time

My choice is clear, but my brother wants to play enemy territory (windows is
not a option for me)... so I made a simple script. It parses the kernel args
and changes everything. So I can watch TV and my brother can play online. The
bad news here are you can't change fglrx <-> radeon on the fly, You have to
reboot. These crapy closed drivers makes my debian looks like other crapy
closed OS.

If someone is interested, please tell it in the list or mail me.