Re: KMail 3.3 + S/MIME : some tips

* Felipe Morales Moreno [Sun, 03 Oct 2004 01:18:42 +0200]:
> I've been following the instructions in your note, they're really great, but I
> think I've found a missing step, probably caused by some smurf repository
> update. When you say
> apt-get update && apt-get install gnupg2 gnupg-agent dirmngr
> i think you should also install gpgsm (also from smurf repository), so the
> command should be:
> apt-get update && apt-get install gnupg2 gnupg-agent dirmngr gpgsm
> If gpgsm is not installed, when building gpgme, gpgsm is not detected, and
> gpgme is compiled without support for S/MIME again.

  you are right, the gpgsm package was split from gnupg2 some days ago:

    gnupg2 (1.9.11+cvs20040924-2) experimental; urgency=low

      * Shipped a /usr/share/locale.alias file. Ouch.
      * Split off gpgsm.

    -- Matthias Urlichs <smurf@debian.org>  Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:25:51 +0200

  note that gnupg2 will soon (*) enter debian proper, so using Matthias's
  repository will no longer be necessary.

      (*) soon here means that the package is currently in NEW.

  thanks,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Create a system that is usable even by idiots, and only idiots will use it.