khelpcenter and ht://dig: The folder doesn't exist. Unable to create index.

I have not been able to find any information on setting up khelpcenter
and ht://dig.  Has anyone figured out how to do this?

The ht://dig settings are in khelpcenter under the menu
Settings->Configure KDE Help Center.  Under the HTML Search tab are
three "program locations" that I have to fill in... "htsearch",
"Indexer", and "htdig database".  No matter what I put in those fields
I get the error "The folder doesn't exist.  Unable to create index."  I
assume it's referring to the htdig database directory, /var/lib/htdig,
but it *does* exist, and is populated with a database generated from
http://localhost/doc/HTML (just to have something to start with).

And what the hell is "Indexer"? I tried /usr/bin/htdig and htmerge with
no success.

Argh... this is frustrating.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

	brian