Re: Every KDE App Crashes

I want to thank everyone who gave me advice about this problem...  turns out
it was not KDE after all.  While going through the debian-kde archive I
noticed the neat little trick to turn off all those KIconLoader warnings and
once I did that I was left with "the App so and so is crashing" and a whole
bunch of XLib warnings about GLX not being installed.

Well, wouldn't you know it, the GLX module had been commented out of my
XF86Config-4 file.  Once I uncommented it, everything worked like a charm.

So...  mystery solved...  although I still wonder why KDE would care about the
GLX module, and more interestingly, only while exiting.

-Sean

--
Sean Kellogg
2nd Year - UW Law School

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to treat everything
as if it were a nail."
     -- Abraham Maslow