Re: Every KDE App Crashes

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:47:31 +0200, Patrick Dreker <patrick@dreker.de> wrote:
> This points the blame towards libGL (OpenGL). Try reinstalling the associated
> packages. In SID libGL.so.1 is provided by the packages nvidia-glx (part of
> NVidia's proprietary X driver) and xlibmesa-gl (OpenGL software rendering,
> part of XFree86).

Arrrgh, now that I read this i remember... This was exactly the
problem, I don't know how I could have forgotten this. :-/

Actually, I'm running nVidias binary drivers from the related non-free
packages. I installed those just before the problem started and forgot
to fix /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

The following is related to `Section "Module" ' from X's config.
In case you are running nVidia drivers make sure that it does _not_
contain the lines:

Load   "GLcore"'
Load   "dri"

but only: