Re: Klipper hangs

Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists wrote:
On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Steve Corwin wrote:

When I try to pop up klipper it hangs.  Not only that, but if I invoke
it with a keystroke it blocks all keyboard input until I use the mouse
to start a process manager and kill it.  If I use the mouse to invoke it
 then all mouse input is blocked and most keyboard input too, but I can
get to a different virtual console and kill it from there.

This is happening on two different machines, both updated to KDE 3.2.2
and both running sarge (testing).  The only bug I found that seems
relevant is 83659, "Prevent empty clipboard" option makes klipper hang.
 However I turned that option off and klipper still hangs.

Has anybody else seen this?

Yes, Klipper is behaving quite strangely here as well - sometimes when I
click on it it will sometimes block the mouse for an unforseable time. I
usualy press CTRL-ALT and the mouse is miraculously released.

I did a dist-upgrade last night and got KDE 3.2.3, but I still have the same problems. Pressing Alt or Ctrl-Alt doesn't help. As far as I can tell all keyboard input is blocked, except that Ctrl-Alt-F2 will get me to a virtual terminal where I can kill klipper.

Upgrading from KDE 3.1 to 3.2 now falls into the "why oh why did I mess with this?" category for me. :-(

Steve