Re: Problem with KDE-Menus on Debian Woody with KDE 3.2.2

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:13:41 +0200, Christoph Maurer wrote:

>I have installed the Kde 3.2.2 packages for Debian Woody available
>for a few days now.
>The install worked fine and KDE seems to work much better than with
>the 3.2.1 packages. But there is one annoying problem: In  a few
>programs, e.g. in konqueror, the menu bar is a litte bit confused.
>This means that some menu entries like Bookmarks appear twice,
>others do not appear at all.

See the thread in August,2003 beginning with this question :

http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2003/08/msg00104.html

And especially these two replies :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2003/08/msg00110.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2003/08/msg00111.html

The relevant bit :

> > You are probably missing /etc/kde3/ui/ui_standards.rc. If that is the
> > case, try purging kdelibs-data and reinstalling it.
[...]
> > .. just install same kdelibs-data again with --force-confmiss.  No need
> > to do a purge before:
> >
> >   dpkg -i --force-confmiss/var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_.....deb
[...]
> Perfect!  I did just the 'dpkg -i --force-confmiss...' and it solved
> everything.

Maybe that's your problem too - let us know ?

[aside: I'm wondering quite how or where we should report bugs or
problems in the download.kde.org packages.  This list would be the
right place only if the packager reads the list (as the previous
packagers for Woody did/do).  Andreas, are you here ?]

Cheers
Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
Worms, crashes, proprietary file formats, obfuscated
communications protocols...and you paid how much?!?