Re: download.kde.org packages

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 11:55:19 +0200, Kevin Krammer wrote:

>On Thursday 08 July 2004 01:00, Shaun Jackman wrote:
>> I've been using the KDE packages from download.kde.org because they
>> are nicely backported for Woody. They disappeared some time ago and
>> have been MIA ever since. Does anyone know when they might come back?
>> Is there are an archive of the most recent version anywhere?
>
>I think they are still there and even updated, but for some reason not
>apt-get'able (I think some package index files is missing)

Yay .. that looks like Andreas Mueller has made good his promise to
post his packages of KDE 3.2.2.  The KDE 3.2.3 directory seems to be
symlinked to the 3.2.2 branch though.

NB: The README says this :
    "The Packages [are] based on XFree4.3, don't
    upgrade if love your XFree-4.1"
so I guess finally it might be time for me to upgrade my XFree-4.2 ...

Does anyone know how complicated that might be with current packages ?
ISTR that a whole lot of other Debian packages have to be changed to
move to XFree-4.3 ... e.g. font management ?

I'm far from a Linux machine right now, so can't tell what apt-get
might say ..

Cheers

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
'If you don't pray in my school, I won't think in your church'