Re: KPhone audio

On Thursday 01 Jul 2004 00:58, Jeff Coppock wrote:
> I'm trying to get KPhone to work on my system.  The problem is that I
> can hear the person I called, but they can't hear me.  Linphone works
> perfectly, so I believe the problem is in KPhone.  I've been googling
> and I haven't found anything yet that can help me.

I'm using KPhone from sid, version 1:4.0.2-1, with Debian stock kernel
2.6.5-1-686.  It works fine.

You may need ALSA rather than OSS sound drivers if you're using a 2.4 kernel.
(At least, I did;  maybe because I was using integrated sound on the
motherboard, rather than some more capable sound card.  Anyway, OSS didn't
support full duplex on my hardware.)

cheers,
Simon