Re: install: kdelibs3 - error in unpacking

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Alexandr Rosen wrote:

Hi,

I am new to linux and debian and kde, and I have a problem
with installing the system - the message

kdelibs3 - error in unpacking

Generally:

If you can not find record of a problem with the package (check mail archives, bugs.debian.org) then you may have a bad download and will need to get a fresh copy. Either remove the package from the local cache (as root: rm /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs3...deb) and rerun the APT command you used for the upgrade, or manually download the package and install it (as root: dpkg -i /path/to/package...deb).

occured during install, and "dpkg --configure kdm" says that

this error will probably disappear when kdelibs3 gets sorted out

errors were encountered while processing. Is there any easy
solution?

Hopefully, but it is sometimes hard to say without more information. In the very least you should tell us which Debian you are using; the command "cat /etc/debian_version" spits out what we want to know unless it mentions testing or unstable, in which case the date of the last upgrade may be significant. If you are not sure about what information is important you can run the "reportbug" command which will gather up the info for you (just don't send it off to the Bug Tracking System, BTS).

hth

- Bruce