Re: Someone experiencing same troubles?

Greetings,....

>On Wednesday 26 May 2004 21:18, Jan Lühr wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> somehow the X / KDE / Sarge combination seems to be bugged. I asked on
>> debian-users-german, did a bugreport (250919) but still haven't got the
>> slightest idea what's goin wrong. Is someone experiencing the same errors?
>>
>> See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=250919 and attached
>> logfiles for details...
>
>I can't really tell if anything is missing from this report, but what I can
>tell you is that if you want a basic kde install on sid/sarge, a safe way to
>do it is to install the following packages:

>x-window-system-core
>kdebase
>kdelibs
>arts

the problem seems not to be XServer-specific, 'causes KMail also produces a
segfault it it is startet via ssh -X . A friend of mine asked for an
strace[1] and thinks, that is looks like a kernel issue.
The kernel worked finde with 3.1.4 (from download.kde.org)
 What do you think?

Keep smiling
yanosz

[1] http://www.luehr.mynetcologne.de/bahnhof.gz