Re: No sound after upgrade to unstable/KDE3.2.2

> Thanks for this hint. With it I finally solved the problem.
> Maybe not a most elegant way
> After launching kde I must do:
> alsactl restore
> It immediately turns on the soung. Even with mpg123 started in the
> background before kde

Hi again,

this one is easy to fix. Open KDE's control center, go to `Sound &
Multimedia' -> `Mixer'.
If you don't want KDE to change your mixer settings on startup you
will have to uncheck the `Load volumes on login'  box. If you want the
mixer settings being the same every time you start KDE then keep the
box checked, change the mixer volumes as you prefer and klick the
`Save current volumes' button.

> Here are messages found in ~/.xsession-errors
> [...]
> ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:494:(snd_pcm_hw_start) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START failed:
> Broken pipe
> [...]
> kmixctrl: ERROR: Can't find  ALSA mixer.
> [...]

I get the same output. Looking over the bugreports for kmix on
bugs.kde.org there seem to be some issues unsolved especially when
using ALSA's native interface and/or kernel 2.6.x. I always configure
every application to use the OSS devices.

Bjoern