Re: KDE is preventing laptop disk spindown by incessant configfile-writing

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 05:17:01AM -0400, foner-debian-kde@media.mit.edu wrote:
> But the instant I actually log in, I get constant disk spinups,
> again because I cannot keep KDE from -constantly- writing
> ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals and korgacrc.  This wasn't happening
> in the (much older) KDE in my Mandrake 8.2 installation.

I don't know what is writing kedglobals, but you can disable korgacrc
by removing korganizer from the taskbar and disabling alarms.

OTOH, is are your partitions mounted noatime? that was the single
largest win to keep disk from spinning up for me. The other one was
enabling laptop_mode using the script provided by the patch.

--
Riku Voipio  	       | riku.voipio at iki.fi         |
kirkkonummentie 33     |    +358 44 5000343          --+--