Re: Monitor Blacks Out

Adeodato Simó wrote:
* Anders Ellenshøj Andersen [Sun, 09 May 2004 11:50:21 +0200]:

On Sunday 09 May 2004 02:56, Bruce Park wrote:

Does anyone have a problem where the monitor blacks out after ... x idle
minutes? I thought that KDE had turned on it's screensaver or power
management by default but nothing is turned on. I've noticed this problem
ever since KDE 3.2 in Sarge.

It's xfree86 that turns it off without KDE knowing about it. I don't know how to make it stop. If you find out, please tell me. :)

  Disabling it in Control Center -> Power Control -> Display Power
  Control -> UNCHECK "Enable display power management" *should* work.

  After applying, xset q | grep DPMS should answer Disabled. If not, try
  "xset -dpms".

  cu

Indeed. I ran "xset q | grep DPMS" and it was enabled. The funny thing is, inside the control center, it was NEVER checked. I guess when KDE got upgrade to 3.2, this happened but to resolve this issue, I just checked "Enable display power management" and hit OK. I then went back to uncheck it. After that, I ran that previous xset command again to make sure it was disabled. Thanks for the help.

bp