Re: Missing documentation

El Miércoles, 5 de Mayo de 2004 07:06, Ross Boylan escribió:
> In the last few days I've tried to read the documentation for a couple
> of KDE applications (via their help menu) and the KDE Help Center
> comes up and says it can't find the docs.

This is simply because the docs doesn't exist in your installation.

> I also recall reading that the KDE packagers could use help with the
> documentation.

The Debian policy demands that every binary (every kde application, for
example) should have a manpage. If a package doesn't provide one, it is
considered a bug, but packages use to have bugs :-), so help in solving that
bugs, is welcomed.

> So, is this anything I should file a bug about, or is it just par for
> the course?

The documentation in the khelpcenter, is optional in a kde debian package, so
if you file a bug report in bugs.debian.org, I suppose that developers will
just forward that wishlist to upstream mantainers. There are many
applications that need help in updating, translating, and writing such
documentation, but this is not Debian packager's fault.

If you want to contribute, you don't need any special skill. Read that short
post from Lauri Watts:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-docbook&m=108353830010815&w=2

There is always an open job in KDE website about this issue:

http://kde.org/jobs/open.php

> I can't recall the first app, but the second was kdeprintfax, part of
> the kdeprint package (4:3.2.2-1) from kdebase source.  I didn't see a
> documentation package listed in the suggests or recommends, except
> khelpcenter, which is installed.

The documentation normally is installed in the same package of the
application.

Best regards.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2