Re: KDE 3.2.2 Sluggish

On Monday 03 May 2004 06:28 pm, Matt Rechkemmer wrote:

> My box isn't particularly slow, 2.0GHz, 256MB RAM, GF4, so the sluggish
> behavior, puzzles me.  I've ran fc-cache as the user and as root, with no
> effect.

I'm running basically the same box you are, and KDE 3.2.2 seems decidedly more
zippy than its predecessor.  I suspect something is misconfigured somewhere
for sure.  Did you check your logs for weird messages?

It's a long shot, but is your lo interface up and running?  Right around my
upgrade, something borked /etc/network/interfaces and lo was no longer auto.
I shut down to shuffle some hardware around, and after I came back up, KDE
was sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.  I probably screwed up the config file
myself, and I doubt this was a packaging blunder, but hey, it's a shot.
After I brought lo back up, everything was normal and wonderful again.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/