KDE 3.2.2 Sluggish

I've been using KDE with Sid for sometime now, however, since the upgrade from
3.2.1 to 3.2.2 KDE has been horrendously slow.  Sometimes, I'll click on a
"launcher" icon, and have to watch it get stuck; same behavior with the K
Menu.

Here's a screenshot of the aterm launcher (the tux icon) getting stuck:
http://tiberius.trancell.org/stuckkde.jpg

My box isn't particularly slow, 2.0GHz, 256MB RAM, GF4, so the sluggish
behavior, puzzles me.  I've ran fc-cache as the user and as root, with no
effect.

Is there anything else I can do, to improve KDE performance?

Thanks,

Matt