Re: Upgrading from 3.1.X to 3.2.2 : KDM not working anymore

Le jeudi 29 Avril 2004 16:19, Andrew Schulman a écrit :

> Charles, try removing your ~/.xsession, if you have one.  I've been
> having the same trouble lately.  I haven't finished figuring out why
> yet, but when I remove ~/.xsession it goes away.

I had no ~/.xsession but I've finally solved my problem by
1) uninstalling kdm
2) installing xdm
4) log in as charles through xdm
5) reinstalling kdm

Logging in through xdm must have cleared some weird configuration problem...

It would be interesting to see if an upgrade from plain Woody (2.2) to Sarge
(3.2.2) does not trigger problems with kdm. But who is still using KDE 2.2 ?

Thank you for all of you who helped me

Cheers,
Charles

BTW : I should be trying to interview the leader of an IT pilot project to
create a Linux Desktop for employees of a big French bank. They are using
Debian and KDE...
--
cmiramon@kde-france.org
http://www.kde-france.org