Re: Installing Agypten with KDE 3.2

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 08:58, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 April 2004 05:12, Joseph A. Martin wrote:
> > At the moment, I'm stalled. I haven't received any feedback on my current
> > problems and I haven't been able to build the full second version of
> > Aegypten. It would require rebuilding KMail and that requires have a
> > version of libqt-dev that is compiled with STL support. And the version
> > in Debian is *not* compiled with STL support. So, I'm taking a break for
> > a bit.
>
> I've tried to get it to work as well a while back, without any luck. I
> don't think you should be required to recompile any packages, at least not
> if you are using unstable.
>
> It looks to me like there is an "in-crowd" to whom Aegypten is reserved,
> and regular users don't get to play.
>
> Or is it that everybody thinks it works fine, and nobody bothered to report
> that it actually doesn't work at all?

No, I use Aegypten (packages from http://bulma.net/~daneel/debian/) with
success and sign/encrypt my Emails with the _OpenPGP_ plugin. However, I
would feel happy if I could use the S/MIME plugin.

(Debian/SID)

Frank
--
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##
## http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~fm3                                     ##