Re: name sessions in konsole

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 07:03:10PM +0200, Robert Lindgren wrote:
> sure is possible:
>
> add something like:
> PS1="\[\033]0;\u@\h: \w\007\]\[\033]30;\u@\h: \w\007\][\u@\h:\w] "
> to your .bashrc

This only changes it in the session title though, which AFAIK only shows
up for the current tab.  It's not even shown for the "switch to tab"
tab context menu in 3.2.

The only way I know of to get it into the tab, but statically even
so, is to open that tab from your konsole bookmarks.  You can put
"ssh://user@host" as the URL, and the title comes from the bookmark.
I keep track daily of about a dozen tabs on several konsoles, that way.

Possibly it could be done via DCOP, if you wrapped your local /usr/bin/ssh
in a script to do that, but I don't know sufficient about DCOP to say
if it's so.

Nick