Re: KDE 3.2.2 for Woody... Careful upgrading..

Am Tuesday 20 April 2004 23:33 schrieb Dominique Devriese:
[...]

After purging and reinstalling aptitude with apt-get ;), I could make it work
(previously, something was messed up because it wanted to install about 100
new packages without me doing anything).
Maybe you know about one issue with aptitude: it shows me the available
versions of a package:
c   --\ lynx
<none>    2.8.5-1
p   2.8.5-1
p   2.8.4.1b-1
i   lynx-ssl 1:2.8.4.1b-3
p   lynx-cur 2.8.5-20

However, I'd rather like the apt-cache output:
$ apt-cache policy lynx
lynx:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.8.5-1
  Version Table:
     2.8.5-1 0
        500 http://ftp.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de testing/main Packages
        -10 http://ftp.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de unstable/main Packages
     2.8.4.1b-1 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

The latter is much, much more informative and better tells me about the
current situation. aptitude is even wrong here (the lynx package is only
removed, not purged). From dpkg:
rc  lynx                      2.8.4.1b-1

However, it still has a low version number, there may be reasons for it.

HS

PS: Please DO NOT send me a copy of an answer per PM

        oder über pgp.net