Re: KDE 3.2: Control Center almost gone

Tried this; both were up to date. Reinstalled. Still nothing in Kcontrol
centre. Strange.

B.

> Try `apt-get -t unstable install kdesktop kdm` and make sure to
explicitly select "kde" as session upon logging in.

> Auke

nothing in the the Control Center.

>> > This was solved for me by removing and then re-installing
>> kdebase-data:
>> >
>> >        apt-get remove kdebase-data
>> >        apt-get install -t unstable kdebase-data
>>
>> Hmmm; tried this. Of course, kdebase-data took with it a number of
other things. Uninstalling and replacing kdebase-data involved the
following to
>> replace what was taken away:
>>
>> apt-get install -t unstable kde kde-amusements kde-core kdebase
kdebase-data kdegames kdenetwork kicker lisa

>> Which is fine, even if it doesn't work (especially as I am equally
happy running Gnome ;))

>> However, doing the above did nothing to fix the lack of control center
modules. Still nothing there. Hmmmmmmmm.......