Re: Konqueror does not work with international domain names

Hendrik Sattler writes:

> Am Sunday 11 April 2004 12:18 schrieb Dominique Devriese:
>> Magnus von Koeller writes:
>> >
>> > Well, I have the same problem. My guess would be that Konqueror
>> > has to be compiled against libidn or something like that. I think
>> > we should file a bug against the debian package. Should I do that
>> > or will you do it?
>>
>> This has already been reported:

> O.k., so it's possible? Great.

I didn't say it's possible, just that it was already reported.  But
the KDE 3.2 changelog says that support for IDN was added, so it is
indeed possible.

> Can someone please upload a new kdebase? It would be extremely bad
> to have a non-IDN-capable konqueror with the next stable release :-/

Just a note: about ten people say this before every release "It would
be extremely bad to have kde* without bugfix x or feature y in
stable".

We will try to have the fix available as soon as possible, but then we
first need to find out how to fix it.  Help is, as always,
appreciated.

cheers
domi