Re: Noatun crash at startup?

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 06:50:32PM -0400, Robert wrote:
> On April 10, 2004 11:01 am, Tom wrote:
>
> > On my desperate search for a decent music player, I thought I'd give
> > Noatun a try. Installed noatun and noatun-plugins, but right when I try
> > to start it, it crashes. Starting it from a terminal yields this
> > message:
>
> I find noatun works well for me, but it upgrades badly.
> If I do the following when I notice a problem after an upgrade, all is well:
>
> rm -fr /tmp/mcop-$USER  ~/.mcop*
>
> you shouldn't need to logout, just restart arts and noatun, but try logging
> out and in after doing this if you notice funny behavior.

Yes, KDE in general has problems if you don't restart after upgrading.
Also arts/mcop based things in particular won't work well unless you do
either what you said or restart. I have installed kdemultimedia while
running KDE before and none of the arts plugins were even seen until
after I restarted KDE.

Chris