Re: KDE3.2.1 "use system bell" option doesn't work

On April 10, 2004 10:12, Nick Leverton wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 10:36:10PM +0100, Nick Leverton wrote:
> > I've just upgraded my system from Woody + KDE 3.1.4 to Sid + KDE
> > 3.2.1. Now, the Kcontrol "System bell" option "Use system bell
> > instead of system notification" has no effect.
>
> Last night I upgraded to 3.2.2.  Now the above bug is still present,
> but in addition the Test button now produces no beep, although it did
> in 3.2.1.  Anyone else able to confirm this ?

I had something like that when upgrading from 3.2 to 3.2.1. I discovered
that by moving my .kde dir out of the way and letting KDE recreate it I
was able to fix it. I then just copied back the various application
dirs and config files. You could also test this theory by creating a
new user altogether and logging in as that user.

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario