Re: KDE3.2.1 "use system bell" option doesn't work

On Sunday 04 April 2004 23:36, Nick Leverton wrote:
> I've just upgraded my system from Woody + KDE 3.1.4 to Sid + KDE
> 3.2.1. Now, the Kcontrol "System bell" option "Use system bell
> instead of system notification" has no effect.  Since I have my sound
> card playing through the hifi, I have always used that option to
> prevent the PC from interrupting whatever was playing on the stereo.
>
> Now, in 3.2.1, I can't stop this happening, the option has no effect
> and all sound effects play on the sound card.

It's the same for me. The workaround I'm using is that in the System
Notifications for Konsole, I've set the "Bell emitted..." events to
execute the beep program. All other sounds are turned off.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                       Face reality and stare it down
mailto:michael@schuerig.de        --Jethro Tull, Silver River Turning