Re: does kmail in kde 3.2 fully support procmail?

Am Saturday 03 April 2004 12:00 schrieb Mauro Darida:
> I was a fan of kmail but left it for mutt since it does not work well
> with procmail (it requires to make additional copies of mail directories
> to work with procmail, which is simply nonsense to me).
> Just wondering if in kde 3.2 the situation has changed. I am using a
> backport kde 3.1.2 on woody.
> Alternatively, is there another qt based mua which fully supports
> procmail and both maildir/mailbox format?

How do expect this to work? You then must make proper use of file locking and
I doubt that using mbox would work at all in this case (two programs writing
to the same file at the same time!).
However, you _can_ use kmail with procmail: install courier-imap and configure
your system (procmail) to put mail into ~/Maildir/ and use fetchmail instead
of kmail's mail fetching.
Now you can use the imap mode of mutt and kmail to use the local imap server.

HS

        oder über pgp.net