Re: customize menu all users

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 08:48:31AM -0300, Raul Montagne wrote:
> > Note that the directory /usr/local/share/applications may not exist [1], but
> > you need only create it, and it will be searched by the KDE menu system.
> 1.-which is the search order of KDE for the menus?

I am not certain, but if it doesn't look in /usr/local first it is buggy
since the freedesktop.org basedir spec states it must look there first.

> 2.- the applications I want to *add* in the KDE menu, I would put in
> /usr/local/share/applications. But if I want to weed out some
> applications?
> I have to weed out this apps from the KDE menu, in the very same
> /usr/share/application (for KDE 3.2) isn't it?

You should be able to simply put a .desktop file into the local
directory with the same name as the one you want to replace with the
"NoDisplay=True" value set in the .desktop file

> 3.- (last...for the time being) where, how to customize a "standard"
> panel for a machine for every user?

I think this is set via the list in /usr/share/apps/kicker/default-apps
if so you should be override it via /usr/local as well.

Chris