Re: udev HOWTO?

Paul Johnson wrote:

> Is there some sort of HOWTO for udev anyplace?  Any good resources for
> people interested in udev that might have some Debian hints?  I'm
> curious about it, but I'm not sure if udev is right for me (and it's
> not something I can ask a doctor about).

In theory, I think the HOWTO for udev on Debian (unstable) is basically
just "apt-get install udev". I have not dared to try it, however, as
there were, last time I looked (a week or two back), some outstanding
bug reports from people saying that udev made their system unusable due
to its failure to create some essential device (e.g. /dev/console).

Craig