3.2.1 weirdnesses

I just upgraded a system to KDE 3.2.1-1 and am experiencing some
weirdness.

Most prominent: startkde seems not to be called after logging in
through kdm. All I get is a konsole, and the desktop does not appear
until I execute ksmserver on that konsole. The same happens when
I use startx without kdm.

Second, the kdm login screen is missing the items next to the users.
Is this intentional?

I am downgrading to 3.1.5 where everything works for now. Should
I file a bug?

I would appreciate being CC'd on replies.

`. `'`