Re: Two 3.2 issues: KAddressBook and Logout

Le lundi 15 Mars 2004 16:12, Marcus Thiesen a écrit :
> Hi to all,
Hi

> having run 3.2 CVS and now the packages from unstable I'm quite
> happy with my new KDE despite of two things:
> KAddressbook is totally messed up. I can import or add entries but
> they're not stored. If I select "File->save" no error message is
> given but with the next start all contacts are lost. Same in KMail.
> When I right click on an address and say "Add to Addressbook" it
> gives the error message that it could not write to the addressbook.
> If I do an "Open with Addressbook" the entry is added in the
> upcoming addressbook window but disappears after a restart. The
> problem is that I don't even know where it stores it's addressbook,
> so I can't check for file permissions and the rest of the stuff.
You'll find the default address book under ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/
It is named std.vcf Maybe you'll find a solution to your problem
there.

In fact I have 7 std.vcf files named std.vcf_1 to std.vcf_7 + std.vcf
but I don't know why there are several files because I only use one
address book. I remember there was only one file there under KDE
3.1.5
If anyone has an idea of what it means....

> Second point of annoyance is that the Logout screen doesn't
> remember which option was selected. My notebook can't do a reboot
> (as of 2.6.4) and therefore I always select shutdown. But when I
> logout the next time the topmost item is selected again. Here again
> I don't know where it stores this options and therefore can't do
> anything about it.
I think You should go in Kde Control Center, under "KDE
Components/Session Manager" (sorry if translations aren't exact), you
can chose the default action for the logout screen.
Maybe this helps....

Greetings
--
Germain Chazot