Re: KDE loses settings on restart

On Friday 12 March 2004 18:58, Will Maier wrote:
> Paul Sandulescu wrote:
> > On March 12, 2004 03:49 am, Will Maier wrote:
> >>This is rather frustrating, and I'm not sure where to start. 3.1.5
> >>had no problem keeping track of changes I made. I've paged through
> >>the Control Center, but I don't see any way to force it to save my
> >>setup.
> >
> > I'm not sure if this will do it, but have you tried configuring the
> > Session Manager and selecting "Restore previous session" under "On
> > Login"?
This can not be the solution because this option has nothing to do with the
settings you have given e.g. to the icons on your desktop.
I think just remove your .kde (but please make a backup) and try if this solvs
you problem. If so you have to integrate the old .kde into the new. But be
carefull because for example kontact stores its date (your addresses)
under .kde
cheers Wolfgang