Viewing PDFs

Does an OSS PDF viewer exist or is a user expected to have Adobe Acrobat?  I mean something with more precision than xpdf.  (I believe that KPDF is only a container for xpdf.  Please correct me if this is not true.)

OSS office software exists (OpenOffice, KOffice, etc.) that can produce PDF files.  I am unaware of OSS viewers.  For that matter, how capable is the PDF exporter of KOffice?

OpenOffice can produce PDF files but cannot view them, something I find mildly amusing and yet frustrating.  Does an open-source version of the Adobe Writer suite exist?

A more pertinent question may be:  Does the Linux OS support the display and printing of graphics with the precision of the MacOS?  (I use that as a standard against which to measure the precision and cleanliness of printed/displayed material.)

Disclaimer:  I love KDE 3.2.1 and breathlessly await KDE 3.3
             as we march towards KDE 4.0 (Oh!  Could it be?)

Robert Tilley
tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com
bobt@cocoa.tybrin.com