Re: Re: kdm login screenshot

thank you for your help, but I think I need some more hints...

Xlib: No protocol specified
xwd: unable to open display ':0'

I must login (switch to vt7, name&password --> kde) for xwd to works, which is
not what I want ;-(
I assume that once I login, xwd takes a snapshot of my desktop, not the login
screen!

Is xwd supposed to work _before_ loading kde ?

ps -ef
root ...   /usr/X11R6/bin/X -nolisten tcp vt7 -auth /var/lib/kdm/....
root ...   -:0
root ...   /usr/bin/kdm_greet
(X is running, and kdm_greet is waiting for user input)

The picture I get (switching from desktop to console) is totally "garbled" (24
bpp problem?)

...thanks again.