Re: KDE 3.2.1 optimization?

On Wednesday 10 March 2004 05:14 am, Will Maier wrote:
> Hi all-
>
> I finally made the switch to 3.2.1 last night (from the offical apt
> repository). I am thoroughly impressed: 3.2.1 looks wonderful. For some
> reason, however, programs seem to be loading/running slower since the
> upgrade.
>
> There were some problems (had to force install kdelibs), and I am
> wondering if I have any 3.1.5 stuff that might be slowing everything down.
>
> I'm also wondering about klauncher, which I do not remember having under
> 3.1.5 and which is now using ~10% of system resources. I can't kill it,
> for some reason.

Run fc-cache as root and then login to kde again. On a few system it seems the
font cache was out of data and it killed the performance on those also.

Also if you forced "anything" remove all of kde and install it again. Do not
force the package system you just end up breaking stuff. Your slowdown may be
a result of forcing the package. Also when I say all of kde I mean kde 3.1.5
and 3.2.1 from the system and reinstall them so that the results of forcing
are removed.